Saturday, October 31, 2009

Cat


DOMESTIC TABBY, EVANSTON, ILLINOIS, OCTOBER 25, 2009

Pentax K10D
SMC Pentax-F* 300mm f4.5 ED (IF)
1/750 sec. f8
ISO 400

The other day this neighbor cat, the only one I have ever seen that can dominate my big half-Lab, sauntered under my legs and out into the back yard, ignoring my "here kitty kitty" calls except to turn and flash a brief gaze of aloof disdain. The moment made a pretty fair feline portrait. (Nov. 7: I am told the cat is not a tabby, but an American Bicolored Longhair. I guess that means a house cat that has been to college.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*gasp* A CAT in your blog!! I'm gonna tell :)

Cheers
Robyn

Kim Laird said...

Gorgeous picture, and reminds me a bit of 7 pound Annie, who totally dominated Ricky, all 50 pounds of him. It got to the point that when she sauntered into the room, he'd pretend he was invisible. Poor boy!