Monday, November 30, 2009

Squirrel-proof, huh?


GRAY SQUIRREL, EVANSTON, ILLINOIS, NOVEMBER 29, 2009

Pentax K20D
Sigma 135-400 at 160mm
1/30 sec. f6.7
ISO 1600

"No such thing as a squirrel-proof feeder, Henry," said my neighbor with that infuriating tone born of superior knowledge as I hoisted the new bird feeder onto its pole. At least it takes this squirrel a lot of time and work to get each precious seed out through the bars. I'm hoping he'll just get tired of it. The photo was taken near dusk on a rainy day, hence the high ISO.

2 comments:

Sydney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rockwrites said...

I know they are a nuisance to some folks, but I love squirrels. I have a few blogs myself, one reserved just for my adventures in nature... And there have been a lot of squirrel entries. Stop by if you have a chance, and leave a comment if you are so moved. I love this picture.

Small world... I grew up in Northbrook and my sister still lives in Evanston.