Thursday, December 29, 2011

Second squirrel of the season

GRAY SQUIRREL, EVANSTON, ILLINOIS, DECEMBER 21, 2011

Pentax K20D
SMC Pentax-F* 300mm f4.5 ED (IF)
1/90 sec. f6.7
ISO 400

While I was laid up recovering from a knee replacement, Deborah Abbott (a k a the Lady Friend) captured this squirrel through the window of our her home office. Ordinary as they may be and ubiquitous as they may be, members of the Sciurus genus always are good subjects. Just hand out some tidbits and they'll come sit for their portraits.

1 comment:

Netagene said...

I haven't looked at your site in a couple of months, until just now. I love the pictures of the lilies and dahlias and birds and squirrels and sunsets and ... and ... And I know that as we age (I am 67), our hands sometimes shake. I also am legally blind but with a good bit of usable sight in one eye, and I got my 2nd pair of hearing aids last July. Put as long as I have usable sight, I'll keep looking at the beautiful pictures you take! On another subject, I rode Amtrak from Birmingham to Washington, DC last June, also rode the subway for the first time, will be riding Amtrak to Providence, RI next June - both these June trips to the national convention of the Hearing Loss Assn. of America.