Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Carnations

CARNATIONS, EVANSTON, ILLINOIS, FEBRUARY 16, 2009

Pentax *ist DS
Tamron SP AF 90mm DI Macro
1/1000 sec. f8
ISO 1600
Manipulated with Lightroom and Photoshop Elements

I felt experimental today, so took a quick hand-held high-ISO macro shot of a bouquet of carnations from the supermarket on the dinner table, then tweaked the shot with Photoshop Elements' distortion filters to give the image a painterly quality. Nobody would mistake it for an Old Master, but it's not bad for a rank amateur, is it now?

1 comment:

Netagene said...

I like ALL yours & Deborah's pictures! I wish the gardens here in Birmingham were easily accessible by bus (I don't see well enough to drive)! (And I'm going to get to do TWO things that might be of interest: attend my 1st HLAA [hearing loss assn.] nat'l convention in June, & rather than flying, I'll be taking the Crescent from here to Washington DC's beautiful Union Station.)