Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sunset No. 7

SUNSET OVER LAKE SUPERIOR, GREEN, MICHIGAN, SEPTEMBER 27, 2010

Pentax K10D
Sigma DC 17-70 at 26mm
1/1000 sec. f4.5
ISO 400

This is the last sunset of 2010 at the Writer's Lair I'll take before the Lady Friend and I head into winter exile this weekend. Note that the sun is going down over land while it dipped into the lake in Sunsets No. 1 through 6. The nights are noticeably longer and colder now, often falling below 32 degrees. Click the photo for larger version.

3 comments:

Gergo said...

Hello,

please tell me, how can I take sunset photos with K10D. :) My K10D always trying to correct the white balance, so I can make too dark photos or the WHITE photos instead of beauty orange and red sunset photos. I use my machine in full manual mode with manual lenses.

Thank you, Gergo from Hungary

Gergő said...

sorry:

"too dark photos or too white..."

HENRY KISOR said...

I recommend you use Photoshop Elements or another photo program to open up shadows and change the color balance. That's what I do.