Thursday, December 17, 2009

His Eminence

NORTHERN CARDINAL, EVANSTON, ILLINOIS, DECEMBER 17, 2009

Pentax K20D
SMC Pentax-F* 300mm f4.5 ED (IF)
1/90 sec. f6.7
ISO 400

Gray and gloomy the day might have been, but this cardinal dropped by to inject a little color into it. They are gorgeous birds, but I find them difficult to photograph because they don't drop by very often, and when they do, they don't hang around long. Fortunately I had my rig ready, aiming to capture a few squirrels, when he landed.

2 comments:

greenhermit said...

Hey Henry,

The photo of the red bird and you are remarkably similar - 'cept for a few grey whiskers on one of 'em.

Anonymous said...

Jealous. I saw ONE red cardinal when I was in New Jersey. By the time I had my camera out, it was GONE! Grrr! NEver did see another one ;(